DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wheee!!!

Race Update: SECOND PLACE!!! My boy raced like a mad-man. If he'd had just a few more laps, he might have won, but we're happy with second. Unfortunately, in the first heat race on of the girls hit the wall and fractured her wrist--so hugs go out to Bri. Thankfully, accidents like that are pretty rare despite the danger factor involved in racing.

So back to my K-man...He finishes the race, goes to tech (top three Karts have to pass inspection). He gets out of the kart and says, "The Magic 8 Ball lied. It said I'd come in third place!" Yeah, well, get used to it, kid. Magic 8 lies about a lot of stuff, especially about my writing and when I'll sell something, and all that. But the kids enjoy asking it stuff, and now that K-man can read the answers and ask it normal questions, it's fun for them. When he was little he used to ask it silly stuff (I forget what, now, but it wasn't yes or no questions) and the 8 Ball would flip the little cube on its corner so it didn't have an answer.

Little One usually asks Magic 8 if Santa will come back next year, and it happily says, "I predict it is so." It didn't predict how she'd finish today, which was dead last, meaning she was so far behind she thought she was first. However, she was very happy and eager to race, so that's good. I told her she could earn Laffy Taffies for passing people. She passed one person because they'd spun and weren't moving, and was very proud.

So that was my day so far. Everyone is still at the track. I came home to get myself some exedrin and cheer for my boy. YAY, K-man on your great finish!! WTG!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yay, K-man. And tell him the 8 Ball is allowed to be wrong when something even better happens.

You need a better bribe with the little one, on the passing. Chocolate?

4:43 PM PDT  
Blogger TrishJ said...

But she LIKES Laffy Taffy. It costs one money (.25). They like things that cost one money. So I dunno. She's happy, though.

K-man's trophy is AWESOME! Two tiers of glittering red snazzyness. He's talking in his sleep right now...I bet he's dreaming of racing!

T

7:53 PM PDT  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

Woo hoo K-man! Glad he had a great race, Trish.

10:42 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home