DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Where Would You Go?

Poodle update: the book is DONE! Yahoo! I have seen the last of the poodles unless we get edits. So cross your fingers, legs, eyes...What ever else you can cross that edits are light. I'm about ready to barbecue me a toy poodle.

Fish Update: Everyone is still alive. Summertime the frog is lively, Spot has eaten all of the algae on the sides of the tank. Goldfish are thinking about going on strike because they're not getting fed enough.

Thought of the day: If you could go on vacation anywhere in the continental USA, where would you go? It must be somewhere you haven't been before. I'm going to list my top five (because I'm bored and waiting for brownies to cool).

1) Grand Canyon. It's GOT to be magnificent. Ever since the Brady Bunch went there I've been dying to go and sleep on the canyon floor. I'd also shoot the rapids, whatever else. I'm a little leery about riding a mule down, but I'd consider it.

2) Yosemite: I want to see Old Faithful and the gorgeous countryside. My kids would get a kick out of it all.

3) Florida Keys: Another childhood fantasy, this one brought on by the television series, FLIPPER. I want to see alligators and fish and all that.

4) The big cave in KY: I forget the name of it, Carlsbad Caverns? We're cave people here. We've been in many, and I'd love to see this one!

5) Acadia National Park: Though I lived in Me for many years, I never got a chance to go to Acadia. I'd LOVE to go. I think it'd bring back many good memories of my childhood.

That's it...Where would you go visit?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You realize I get hungry whenever I read your blog?

My dream vacation spot is the Greek Islands. If I have to stay in the US, I'd say New York for the shopping ;-)

and I want brownies.

9:17 PM PDT  
Blogger kris said...

We took the kids to the Grand Canyon. Their comment? "Yeah, yeah, big hole in the ground. Can we go now?"

We've been to Acadia, too. Have climbed up tiny mountains there. have got LOST on tiny mountains when the husband in the lead decided to follow a cute blonde instead of following the trail markers.

Haven't done Old Faithful, but a good friend went there last year. Pretty funky place - there's hot bubbling spots all over, and bison that won't move for cars, and lakes you can't jump in or you'll be cooked alive. NOT my idea of a fun vacation, thank you very much!

5:46 AM PDT  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

Carlsbad is in New Mexico. I don't know the one in Kentucky.

We LOVED the Grand Canyon. One of the most peaceful vacations ever. I want to go back for our anniversary. I also want to go back to NYC.

I've never been to Maine, or the Pacific Northwest. I'd love to go to Utah and Colorado, too.

3:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Julie said...

I hate to tell you, but I've been to four of those. Never made it to Acadia yet, but as a plant freak I have high hopes.

Would it be lame to just want to go home to Hawaii?

If I could choose one to go back to, it would be Yellowstone or Key West.

7:16 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home