DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Musings...

Well, it's Monday and the new fish are still alive. Which is good, if they decide to stay alive. If they decide to die tomorrow their warranty will have expired from the pet store--we had 48 hours for them to croak at the pet store's expense. That little Spot (the algae eater) has been going to town on the algae. He's eaten the glass clean and has been working on the frog's 'house' and the plants. K-man saw Spot sucking rocks today--which is good, because they're dirty too.

Which got me to thinking...God made this lovely creature to clean up the algae in my fish tank. Where is the creature to clean the dirt off the floor in my house??? We have a dirt driveway, and when it rains the driveway sand comes into my house. It's very disheartening to dust a pan of dirt off the floor every day. But if I had a creature to wander around, eating the dirt, now that would be great.

I was thinking maybe a giant earthworm at first, but they're kind of ugly. I mean, which end do you pet? And I believe they leave a slimy trail, which wouldn't be good for the floor. So something with legs and a face would be nice. It doesn't have to have 4 legs--we could do with more. However, I'd prefer it didn't have fur, seeing the senile dog sheds enough. Maybe it could eat shed fur as well, and dander, and dirt.

I know, some of you are thinking, "Woman, don't you have a vacuum?" Yes, I do. But the vacuum involves me getting up and running it around. Plus I have to pick up the damned toys and shoes, and toys, and the dog's bone, and more toys to vacuum. I've tried just vacuuming it all up, but the damned vacuum gets clogged when you try to suck up a Hot Wheels car or a Barbie.

So God, if you're out there, I'd like a new pet. One that is sort of like a vacuum but more fun. If it fetched a ball or two now and then we'd be happy (the old dog don't fetch. Never did as a young dog, either). Feel free to send it on down. We'll leave the porch light on for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I'm gonna laugh if God sends you a giant slime mold. Well. Laugh and take photos. And write a dissertation on it.

8:44 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're crazy. Has anyone ever told you that? LOL! (Oh, and if God sends you that pet, let me know. I can use one too!)

11:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

Trish, if God sends you that pet, I want first pick from the first litter. Uhm, my house is so dirty I might need the first two picks... ;)

11:05 AM PDT  
Anonymous lauren said...

A shop vac is like a pet plus you can suck up anything even hotwheels and a whole barbie doll no problem !

5:13 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home