DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

:::sniff:::

My little one graduated from pre-school yesterday. I'm feeling just a tad old, and definitely nostalgic. Oh, and a little relieved because she didn't melt in the middle of the ceremony.

It's fairly sad to have to brace myself at every public event because we just never know how the drama queen is going to react. This is the child that decided, at the tender age of three, that she wasn't going to do the chicken dance because "chickens don't clap." I tried to convince her somewhere there was a happy group of chickens clapping their little hearts out, but she wasn't buying it. I got the eye roll, a big sigh and, "chicken don't clap, Mom."

But yesterday she sang, and participated, and had a huge piece of cake with her face on it (they took the class picture and had it made into the cake icing. She got her face!)

In other news, I've been writing up a storm this week, working on actual fiction. Pigtails has decided to drag me into her latest adventure in genre discovery (no, we're not cross dressing. We're writing something NEW and DIFFERENT, you pervs).

Today is hair cut day for the very shaggy K-man. I also have to visit the bank (and Dunkin Donuts!) Then off to write some naughty words. I'm not ready to come out of the closet and proclaim I write romantica yet (oops, I think I just did...). Romantica is romance with an erotic twist. My thinking is: I can write about poodles, I can write about import car-tuning and make money doing it...Why not erotic romance stories for a profit? Hell, I've had sex at least twice (SHHHH....don't tell my mom). I at least KNOW a little about it. Very little research involved. Maybe. Sorta. Okay, maybe if DH is willing...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Catch you tomorrow when we find out how K-man does at his race! Oh, and Little One has demanded her training wheels be removed from her bike, and has been racing up a storm in the practice go-kart. She may become the queen of aggressive-land out on the track...But maybe not. We'll see tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger MJFredrick said...

Awww, Trish! I remember when she was born! Cool about the cake, and WAY cool about you writing!

4:53 AM PDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

If it's any consolation, my 3 yr. old the other day was whining her head off and my husband said that "I bet Cinderella doesn't whine like that!" -- since she is now totally infatuated with the Disney princesses.

Lauren proceeded to yell back "I'm not Cinderella!"

I just hope she keeps that sense of independence in high school. LOL. I love your blog, BTW. You're hilarious!

-Lisa

6:14 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home