DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Neglectful...

I realized today I've been, once again, neglecting my dudes. I was reminded after sassing my senile dog (NO, you cannot take your bone outside! Go back in the house) of how you all must look, little faces down on your paws, eyes all huge and soulful as if I were the worst dude in the world. A combination of the Wicked Witch of the East, West and a smattering of Roseanne in there as well.

Which got me to thinking... If evil people had dogs to make them feel guilty now and then, would they be quite as evil? Of course, you have to know how to FEEL guilty to be subjected to the sad-eyed stare. Think back...The Wicked Witch didn't have a dog, she had flying monkeys and obviously had a dog problem by the way she treated Toto. Those flying monkeys were damned happy, too, when she melted. Mojo Jojo of the Power Puff girls doesn't have a dog. But then, he IS a monkey.

The only bad people I can think of that have a dog is that evil team that was on Laff Olympics (with Yogi Bear) the dog's name was Mumbly. He'd mumble and go "Zzzzz-zzzz-zzz" when he laughed. That made think back to my first family dog, a Siberian husky. She was starving and obviously from an abused home, and had run away. We fed her, posted an ad in the paper but no one answered. About a month later, the people showed up--come to find out the man of the family would beat the wife and the dog. The dog ran away, the wife stayed.

So I guess, as I look at the senile dog, who has now forgotten how evil I am and has fallen sound asleep, that perhaps the reason why evil people don't have dogs is that the dogs are smarter. They don't stick around for bad treatment. They leave.

I know, this is way deep for a Wednesday evening before 1) Alias 2) Lost 3) Finding out if Elliot got booted off Idol. Try to take it all with a grain of salt, and watch out for the flying monkeys.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED Mumbly :-) He just snickered as he bit people on the ... rear.

So is your theory that dogs make people better people? Or that evil people need dogs to make them feel guilty?

Or that we should be watching Roseanne reruns?

Maybe I need a nap?

12:38 AM PDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Those are MY flying monkeys. Quit telling them what to do.

6:32 AM PDT  
Blogger TrishJ said...

Tawny, I don't know what my theroy is. All I know is you need to: STAY AWAY FROM ROSANNE RE-RUNS.

FYI, the senile dog is now napping after a romp in the woods. No bones involved.

T

6:39 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home