DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Birthday and Gas

I know, it seems weird for me to have Gas in the title (we'll get to that part in a moment) and say Happy Birthday to my oldest boy, who will turn 8 today. Well, he already turned 8, seeing he was yanked from my poor, C-section slashed body at 4:55 AM. So seeing we're in the midst of birthday preparations, our topic for today (again, later) is GAS, and I don't mean bodily function gas.

Off topic: I'm already pissed at the DH for turning off the oven this AM (he NEVER turns off the oven, why today?). I made a rousing breakfast of cinnabuns and planned to put the cake in the oven and have it be done after I got back from the bus. Instead, I pulled out a lukewarm, runny cake. The little one looks at me and says, "OOOOH, OOOH, EWWWW. That doesn't look too good." As always, she's very observant. So we're going to attempt baking it again. We'll see how bad it turns out.

So while I'm busy hunting down presents and other birthday-like things, I want to know how much you all are paying for gas. I paid $3.07 for plain ole normal gas two days ago and just about had a heart attack in the middle of the Sunoco station. I think I should have married an oil mogul instead of my genius, mechanical DH. Or at least I should get him to go dig around in the backyard and see if we can hit oil, like the Beverly Hillbillies.

So Happy Birthday, little man, and how much are you paying for gas???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cheap station around my way is $3.10, I think. The regular stations are at $3.18 or higher. My minivan takes over $50 in gas to fill it up!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your (not so little) boy!

9:47 AM PDT  
Blogger kris said...

I lucked out last night - $2.99 gallon. Cost just under $60 to fill the van. Now, that should last me about 2 weeks, but still - yowzers!

10:11 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday the gas was $2.66. Should have filled up then. DH filled up after work tonight and it was $2.75. After hearing everyone's prices though I'm happy with ours lol. Right now dh drives my mustang to work (20 miles one way) it took $39 to fill up. Don't even want to think about filling his truck right now. That would probably be around $80.

Happy Birthday to your son.

6:42 PM PDT  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

Happy birthday to the K-Man! Hope it was good!

I didn't realize that he and my mom had the same bday!

The cheapest gas I've seen here is $2.62.

7:23 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, little dude!

and I paid $3.25 the other day - it's come down alot the last couple weeks :-p

11:32 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home