DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday Musings

First, thanks for the birthday well-wishes for K-man. Well, the cake for the birthday turned out okay--which is highly annoying because how can I complain that DH turned off the oven if the cake was tasty? I can only chalk it up to my superior baking skills ::::snort:::

I'm sitting here, trying not to think about my K-man's go-kart race today. Little one has a birthday party, and since we've been in monsoon land (we got like, 4 inches of rain yesterday) there was some question if he'd race or not. My feeling is I can sit home and be miserable quite easily--no need to travel to NY state and be wet and cold.

Of course, I'm feeling a little guilty because I didn't paint the photographer dude's beta fish bowl. This is a huge grizzly of a man with a beard and all that, wears leather biker attire (his business card has him on his Harley and two bikini clad women flanking each side). He wants me to paint bowls with beta fish on them, with purple flowers. His favorite color is purple. I've already done 2 bowls for him, so I need to get a third done.

I really have no reason to worry (besides the photographer not getting his fish). K-man is a great driver, and he's got the best helmet, safety gear, all that. But this is a new division on a much faster track, and a regional race to boot. A mother has a right to worry a little, right?

So today I'm going to keep busy by taking the little one to the birthday party (at an ice cream parlor!) and writing more poodles. Will I survive and evade the men in the white coats? Check back tomorrow and see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I would not survive a child's birthday party. Especially if it meant serving sugar. You nut.

3:31 PM PDT  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

Hey, I see me on your map!!!

Who's the HUGE dot in the middle of the country???

5:56 PM PDT  
Blogger TrishJ said...

Hey Mary,

I'm not sure, but someone from the Heartland loves me! LOL

I like my Euro-dudes, too. It's fun to keep track of them all.

T

PS: Julie, they had SODA at the party. Princess A kept asking 'What is this? It's really GOOD!" LOL, enjoy, because you ain't getting that at home...BOWAHAH

8:06 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home