DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Monday, August 07, 2006

SHE'S PICKING ON ME!!

OMG, so I innocently post a few comments to Julie's blog and she goes all Mel Gibson on me. :::sniff sniff::: I swear, her baby and cat have joined together, reprogrammed the singing doggie thingie she has pictured on her blog, and have begun to brainwash her. I feel very, very sorry for her (and the rest of us, too, if the baby and the cat succeed in taking over the world, we're all TOAST!)

Today is my sister's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIGGIE! Her name is actually Dawn, but when I was little PIG was the worse thing I could come up with to call her as a taunt. Now I can think of a lot of other things, but as a mature adult we don't call our sisters names (plus she hasn't pissed me off in decades).

She happens to call me Chickie, because when I was a junior in high school I dressed up as a sort of 'trashy' punk rocker, wearing a trashbag mini skirt and attire. We stopped to get coffee at the local store and this wino in the store said, in a gravelly voice, "Hey, CHICKIE, come here!" And I promptly fled the scene.

The hat I mentioned is finished, and it fits! I had to rip it out and restart but it's lovely. K-man was impressed and wore it around at breakfast.

And racing...let's just say I'm glad the day is OVER! Any day that starts with me screaming at children for putting on SCHOOL CLOTHES to go to the dirtiest place on earth is NOT a fun day. Regional race on this Saturday, and I've conned the DH into sleeping over at the track (I have no clue where it is, but it's in NY near the VT border) and then doing something as a FAMILY that doesn't involve DIRT or GAS or TIRES. K-man immediately pipes in with, "Let's go to an Adventure Landing type place (an amusement park in FLA) and race go-karts!" NO NO NO, silly child. I guess he didn't get the, NO DIRT, GAS OR TIRES part.

We shall see how the rest of the week goes. I'm definitely on a back to school count down...