DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Saturday, July 01, 2006

'Tis The Season

For fireworks and other pyro delights. We have neighbors on all sides of us shooting off bottlerockets and firecrackers and whatever else they can find that will explode.

Usually, DH will just grumble, "Dammit, it's the neighbors again!" But not this year.

I pause as he's hunkered down in the driveway after a volley of explosions from up the hill. "What are you doing?"

He has this look on his face, one that is primitive and manly and full of testosterone. "I'm firing back." He's got a handful of things with wicks or fuses or whatever, and a lighter.

"Why?" As if I really need to ask. This year, he has his own stash of stuff so he's ready for the holidays early instead of going to Sam's Club at the last moment and paying out the nose for 5 sparklers and something called 'Golden Shower'.

He fiddles with the lighter which needs a PH.D. and an octopus to operate. "They're shooting at us! I have to defend the boundaries."

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Please tell me you have no weapons of mass destruction in the basement."

He laughs evilly, and I leave to get French Fries (DH was certain I was going to pick up some French guy. :::snort:::). Of course, coming out of the supermarket were hordes of people carrying fireworks and beer. The little ones carried the fireworks, of course. You can't carry beer until you're 21. When I returned the house was still standing and protected from enemy fire. Thank goodness.

In other news...

I'm going to start posting my weight loss results. Yes, I've decided to hunker down and loose some flab before someone declares me my own nation and gives me a zip code. The only cool thing about being fat enough to be a nation is getting your own flag and song. Athena's music boy can write me my anthem. I'm artistic, so I can do the flag. I'm thinking a blue and green sort of theme, maybe a horse on it, some flowers... It's all hazy. Anyway, it won't matter because I'm going to lose the weight, finally.

So weight loss for this week: 1.6 lbs, which is 6 sticks of butter! Go me! I have lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 lbs, but stupid Weight Watchers only counts from your starting weight, not the weight you gained on their program (yes, I'm a dunce, I gained like, 5 lbs). However, I'm going to do my weight lost INCLUDING what I gained, going from my fattest moment. I'll update that in the next post. I must find the little booklet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home