DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Monday, June 12, 2006

Good Things Come...

To those who whine a lot. Really.

I was whining to Julie the Samurai Knitter about not having a bag to carry my stuff to dr's appointments or anywhere else that requires a wait. So I toddle out to the mailbox and there's this tacky green envelope wedged in like a herd of clowns in a clown car. Inside is the most GORGEOUS hand-knit and felted bag. Picture and Pattern of bag here I am truly blessed to have such a gifted and generous friend. THANK YOU, JULIE!!!!!

In other news...My mother-in-law can walk on stilts. Yes, really. The things we learn in the course of a day. K-man got to attend school in the one-roomed school house in town. Of course, there was much whining when I produced the basket for his lunch ("I'm NOT taking my lunch in a BASKET! What will the kids on the bus say?") We were allowed to use paper products, though, so I used a bag and away he went.

We were invited to have lunch with the kids, and during recess they were playing with old-fashioned toys, like the hoop and stick, and stilts. I look and my MIL is hobbling across the lawn on them. She did it several times after that--I think she had fun. She and I could open circus side-show acts. I'll juggle, she can walk on stilts. We'll make a mint.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hey, I bought that tacky green envelope just for you. And I laughed like a maniac while I stuck those martini stickers all over it. The hubby kept going "Uh, don't you usually buy flower stickers?" and I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

Anyway. Is the bag the right size?

6:02 AM PDT  
Blogger TrishJ said...

the bag is just wonderful, Julie! Perfect and beautiful and too much fun. I've been showing everyone, and they all ooh and aaah, and are just too impressed and envious.

I forgot to send you a private thank you, and I'm sorry. I was to excited to brag about it!

LOL on the stickers and stuff. I didn't notice the martini stickers until later last night, and I just shook my head at them. LOL

9:47 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home