DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blast From The Past

I'm afraid. Really, really afraid.

I have this CD that a friend burned--it contains recovered stuff from our old computer that got zapped by lightning (the one day I forgot to unplug it :::grumble grumble:::). You're probably wondering why I'm afraid. I mean, it's just a herd of files, waiting for me to open them, right?

The scary thing is that I have 3 books I haven't seen in over a year on that CD. I'm afraid to open it, because:

1) What if the books all suck?

2) What if I see something redeeming in one book? That doesn't sound scary, but you have to realize, I'll have to admit that Pigtails is right, and that will cause a whole bunch of grief on my part. She LOVES being right like a mosquito loves blood. Having a redeeming book will also cause work, because then I'd actually have to WRITE something. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not the most motivated of writers. Unless there's a person with a check book and a primed pen waiting to pay me, I'm lazy. Pure and simple.

3) What if my stuff sucks? I know, back to the original thought...But the whole though of being a horrid writer is very scary for an author. Really. It doesn't matter that two of these books are contest finalists...They could still suck, very easily. If they suck, Pigtails would be wrong (because she LOVES one of the books), but I'd have to deal with having the ego that has written the sucky books rather than the ego that had to deal with her friend being right (which it hates). I know, that was as clear as mud.

Okay. So I'll make you a promise...Tomorrow I will open the CD, read the books and see if they have any merit. I'll let you know what I think. Maybe I'll post a few paragraphs and you can all vote on the level of suckiness.

Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home