DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Jealous Princess

Poodle Fact: Those frilly cuts with pompons and frills actually serve a purpose. The poodle is a water dog, so shaving some hair helped with mobility in the water and kept the coat free of snags from swamp grass (or whatever). The puffs of hair left are located over joints or major organs (like the heart)--the thought being the hair would keep those areas warm while swimming in the icy cold water. Funky, eh?

Now, the gossip of the day:
Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom, has informed me she will be gracing me with her presence at the end of June to view the bevy of awesome schools we have to offer. She'll be bringing her 3 boys and her adorable daughter, the royal Princess of the family. I informed my daughter she'd have a guest, and she was not impressed.

"I don't want to meet no five-year-old."

"What about the wish you made to meet everyone in the world and make friends with them?"

She glared. "I changed my mind."

I decided to make it sound like a really good thing: "But she's very nice. She likes ponies and princesses, and she has older boys that will come with her and they treat her like a princess. Maybe they'll wait on you and stuff."

She grunted, and we went out to hang laundry. Yes, I like the smell of hung laundry. However, later that night the neighbor's dog barked at me for STEALING my own laundry, because he figures my backyard is his backyard. It's nice to know my laundry is safe from thieves.

But anyway, so you won't think I'm a horrid mean woman, I asked my DD to pick up the clothes pins off the ground because last week, my son decided it would be cool to clip them all in his hair--he looked like he had dread locks, however it's spelled. I wish I had blackmail photos of that, let me tell you. I'd be getting chores done until he's 50.

So the little one picked them up, but said with a sniff, "Maybe when that other 5 yr old comes, she can tell her older boys, the men who serve her, to pick up the clothes pins."

I about DIED. She was jealous! I then explained that the boys were her brothers, and she accepted that and made a plan of what ponies she'd share with 'the other 5 yr old'. But now I'm expecting Athena's boys to show up in purple servant clothes to pick up clothes pins. And I'm getting blackmail photos of that, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dd is a heroine in the making! And definitely get blackmail photos. They're SO much fun.
K

5:57 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your DD!! Who would want another princess to visit your castle? Isn't one enough for any realm? The mental picture of the boys wearing clothespins is precious. I really wish you'd taken those pictures.

5:59 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home