DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Saturday, October 21, 2006

New Hobby And Old

I have a new hobby. Well, maybe not me...It's more like, the beasts have a new hobby. Take a guess what it is...soccer? No, way to suburban. Cow tipping? No, they're way too small for that (and I don't think the cows would allow for tipping).

You done guessing? It's....fishing.

Yes, fishing. I know, it sounds absolutely silly, but it's actually not a bad hobby. The kids practice casting, and have gotten pretty good at it. Last time we went I played Suduko (LOVE IT). This time I played with the Tamagochi--we're on the 3rd generation brat now.

Little One was actually very good at casting her little plug thing (it's a heavy thing with no hook that only catches pond weeds--it's called a plankton plug because it's a Sponge Bob thingie. IT is turquoise, has arms legs and one huge cyclops eye). Poor K-man put a huge fake worm on his hook, didn't stick it on there good and it went flying across the pond when he cast.

The DH informed me I wasn't allowed to collect anything they caught, which was fine with me. Though I do have a fear of taking the things OFF the hook (I can put worms on). HOwever, the last few times we went we only caught trees, a rope, the inner sole from a shoe and pond weed). This time, K ALMOST caught a fish. It took half of his neon pink lure thingie and jumped out of the water. Little One caught Pond weed (which she called sea weed with great glee) and she managed to look very surprised and impressed every single time she caught it.

Tommorrow is a day OFF, no racing. Which means I can settle again into my old hobby of knitting. I'm working on a scarf of darkish green casmere blend wool--very soft yet light. I just finished one third of it, but I need more yarn. I'll start the other one while the yarn comes in, same casmere blend in light blue. If blogger were pleasant, it would post my pictures. Since it's not, you'll have to imagine the scarves (only two mistakes on this one! Go me!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home