DUDE!

Where craziness reigns supreme...

Monday, November 06, 2006

Updates Galore!

My my, I haven't posted in eons. Mom even emailed me to say, "Blog so I know what's going on!"

Racing: Was postponed from last weekend to this weekend because of a huge rainstorm (the remains of Paul or some tropical thing from California--that didn't sound very good, did it? I don't know if I want Paul remains coming here anyway). So instead we carved pumpkins.

Racing went AWESOME, the boy-child's new kart arrived and he raced like a little demon. He ended up 4th for the entire weekend (they do a points system for 3 feature races). He won his first money and was so excited (except he had to split it with Dad). He also learned a bunch of things, which was good. I was so proud because it was a true regional race, with top-notch competition. It was awesome.

I have to give a special shout-out to the Jackson's and the Iovinos for their hospitality. They had big heaters, kart scales, a microwave and hand warmers that saved the day for each of us at some point in the weekend. The Iovinos had quite the bachelor pad, with a grill, microwave and quite the assortment of food (steaks and burgers, dudes). I'm thinking we'll steal some of those ideas for the next race.

The Girl Child, as usual, amazed everyone. She only had two races, was dead last in the first one, but she had a good time. Unfortunately, she was timid about passing kids, so even though she was fast she was last (see, Ricky Bobby was wrong--you can be fast and still be last, if you don't pass).

The second race, she approached the first car, and I told DH, "She's going to pass!" He said, "Nah, just watch." And she proved Daddy wrong by blowing by the kid. Then she passed the next, and the next, until she was fourth. She almost had third at the line, too. It was a neck-and-neck finish. She thinks she was second (it's hard for them to keep track of where they are) so we let her believe that.

Knitting: I triumphed over the sock, but I still had to fix it. I also made myself another pair of socks, but I didn't like the toe. So I have three socks I don't like, am starting a fourth. I also worked on 2 presents with the Girl-child. She's making scarves (or rather, she does a row, I fix it, then I do a few rows).

The Old Dog has Lymes Disease. The poor dude has been hobbling about but is feeling better since the beginning of his antibiotics. He can even get into the car now. We went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and I got the girls to give him munchkins for getting into the car. He was stoked.

I think that's about it. Today I have to drag the kids to the dentist (though they actually like going). I have to hit Walmart and buy daffodil bulbs for the kids to plant at school, and tomorrow is a day off. They get two this week. I may have to invest in duct tape to strap them down so I can get some work done.

2 Comments:

Blogger MJFredrick said...

YAY to K-Man! LOL on A not liking to pass - she must be related to me!

4:54 AM PST  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

ah! Just another reason to love duct tape. :_

8:10 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home